Weekend links

379846_219677934769287_118046071599141_522855_1102156647_n
a little sneak peek of our session with our friend Christina Heaston last week! More to come.

Happy day before Henry's birthday party to me! Or, happy day of running around doing errands for me. Or even, happy day before I get to see almost all of our loved ones in one place! Either way, it's awesome. Nothing's better than a big together of family and friends who are family, and tomorrow 50-something wonderful people will be filling our house up with celebration and fun. I can't wait.

For now, here are some links to get your weekend started:

My friend Kathryn runs a doggie rescue out of Tempe, AZ called Ruff Road Rescue. I know from first hand experience what an amazing thing Ruff Road is, and they currently have an opportunity to win a web site design and some online services from a large design firm. This would help them out tremendously, so if you have a moment, could you send a vote Ruff Road Rescue's way? It's so simple and literally takes three seconds. Click here, then input your email address (they won't share or spam what you share), and then vote for Ruff Road Rescue. You can vote everyday. Thank you all so much from me, Kathryn, and the pups!

I loved this little peek into Don's creative process of creating Sometimes Sweet's new look!

Dying over Diana's home's facelift.

This poster is the best. And how true it is!

Somehow Kristine manages to make something that would look insanely crazy on me look so darn adorable. Love this little lady's blog!

This is a simple DIY with really adorable results.

Sweet potato hummus! Yum.

I've been seeing some awesome cinemagraphs around the internet lately, and this one over on Justine's blog is awesome.

I really enjoyed reading more about this wedding on one of my fave wedding blogs, The Loveliest Day- and I'm in LOVE with the tattooed lady and man photo props. And what a gorgeous couple!

Hello, beautiful couch!

I love the new look of Erin's blog, and the fact that she calls it her "family journal."

My buddy Kaelah just published her first e-book, and I'm so proud of her.

Hank got to try out Funk Off's newest espresso soap and he's pretty obsessed. Win your own bar on Michelle's blog this week.

These cookie pinwheels look delicious- and so festive!

So many pretty vintage linens!

Have you checked out Chelsey's 50 DIY Days of Christmas yet?

It might be weird to include someone else's links post in your own links post, but Carly always finds the best things! I especially loved this article she included in her round up.

A Mad Men Party? Why oh why isn't Hawaii closer?

And finally, a couple of blogs I'm loving lately: one, two and three!

p.s. The winner of the Cameron Garland portrait giveaway is Chyna Moss! Chyna, go ahead and email me at sometimessweetblog [at] gmail [dot] com to claim your prize.

Happy weekend everyone! Check back in tomorrow for some peeks at Henry's party. xoxo