Currently.

Untitled
our little shopping buddy, mesmerized by the birds chirping inside Lowe's.

Reading: The Lucky One. All of the classic and non-fiction books I love aside, I have a confession. I LOVE Nicolas Sparks books. Like really, really love them. These are the "fun" books I used to treat myself to in college and grad school when I got sick of the heavier reading, even though most of his books leave me crying into the pages. I like Sparks though because I know what I'm going to get, and I especially enjoy that his books usually get turned into movies I almost always end up loving too. This particular one is good too, so far! I'm only on Chapter 4 but enjoying it- his writing totally speaks to my sappy, cheesy side which, let's face it, makes up much more than just a side.

Watching: GOSSIP GIRL. I wrote about this last time (and maybe the time before too) but whenever I get a moment at night while Henry is asleep, and Hank is at class, gym, or practice, I indulge in some me-time and watch some GG. I honestly can't get enough. I'm currently in on episode 6 of Season 4 and I still can't believe I never watched it before this year! Other TV shows I refused to watch but then got into them much later: Gilmore Girls, Glee, and Desperate Housewives. Although I stopped watching the latter of the three in Season 4 or 5- it got too wacky for me.

Working on: getting as healthy as I can. I got my blood work back the other week and my doctor informed me that I was showing symptoms of hyperthyroidism. She believes this was brought on post-pregnancy, and because my symptoms are mild we are hoping my levels regulate themselves. I had more blood work yesterday to see where my levels were, and because I'm feeling pretty great I'm hoping it's close to getting resolved. But a lot of things make sense now; the weird night sweats I was having, the feeling of being light-headed...and apparently acne can also be a symptom! Crazy.

Thinking about: how much a certain change has really affected my outlook on blogging. As you guys may have read in my last "Currently" post, I recently stopped a particular writing obligation. I can't even tell you how much happier I feel writing and blogging here, and only here. I'm inspired, excited, and I'm really loving it again. This is not my job. It's a hobby, but it's important to me to keep doing it because I love it and not get caught up in trying to do more and more and more. Having to write when I didn't want to took the fun out of it for me. I once again feel happy and motivated about it, and I love that all of the things I would have previously published there are now in one place I call my own. One day I might find a place I enjoy contributing to where I feel like my time and effort is appreciated, but until then I will just focus just on my little corner right here.

Anticipating: my 30th birthday. It's in a little over a month and I couldn't be more excited. I know something is being planned, but I don't know what, and I'm really looking forward to spending that time with all of my best girlfriends, all in one place, wherever that place may be! 30 is kind of a big deal to me, but not for the reasons you may think. I'm actually really excited about turning 30. My 20s were so good to me, but I feel like the 30s are going to be the best yet; a time to enjoy all of the things I've learned over the past ten years and to focus on the important stuff. In the meantime, I'm enjoying pressing 2-9 on all the cardio machines for one more month, checking any and all boxes that say under-30, and calling myself a twenty-something whenever I can.

Listening to: Metric's Plug In, Plug Out Acoustic EP. Trust me and just download it or load it into your Spotify. It's not new, but it's new to me and I'm so in love with every song. If you haven't heard it yet, and end up getting it, let me know what you think!

Eating: I'm currently in such a cooking and baking mood. I've made something new every other day or so (recipes to come) and I've been enjoying trying new things and new meal ideas. Next I'm trying to "vegetarian-ize" a recipe for quinoa buffalo chicken bites! ha. Hank is excited so I really hope it works out. We'll see though- I'm using some plain Quorn chicken which neither of us particularly love, but we have some leftover in our freezer so I want to use it up. If the recipe works, I'll share it soon.

Wishing: that Cadbury mini eggs were calorie free. After my whole no-sugar thing I am still really watching the amount I ingest, but I just cannot say no to these things. Luckily I only have one of the small bags left so that should get me through the weekend. Or next hour, whatever. ;)

How about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments! And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts.