Tattoo Tuesday V.91


Name and blog name: Allie Maddox  charmedgirl.tumblr.com
Age: 32
Occupation: esthetician
Age of first tattoo: 14
Favorite tattoo: sugar skull on back
Featured tattoo/location: cupcake on left forearm
Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Grant Cobb/ Tattoo Paradise DC



 

1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

Its a pink cupcake with a "Let Them Eat Cake" banner, its girly, pretty and so clean! My nickname is Cupcake, and I love Marie Antoinette's famous words, I think they go perfectly together. Plus I love the colors. I get the most compliments on my cupcake.


2) Do you have any other tattoos?  If so, what do you have and where? 

heart padlock on my right arm, Varga girl pin up on my right arm, lots of roses on underside my right arm, Purple rose on my left front shoulder, a heart on the back of my neck with the words 'Plus Que Ma Propre Vie" written on it- translates to "More Than My Own Life", sugar skull on my back, 2 Diamonds, one in my ditch, one on my right wrist with the word "Loyalty" above it, a classic girl head on my right arm, a key on my right arm. Both of my sisters names, "Paige Marie" on my right arm below my ditch, and "Courtney Anne" on the same place on the left arm above the pink cupcake! cupcake behond my right  ear, evil apple tattoo on my left wrist. The last two are bro tats with besties:)

 

3) Do you plan on getting more?

Yes, I plan on getting one dedicated to my unborn baby girl! I'm 4 months pregnant!



4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?  Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos?

Most of friends have tattoos so theyre appreciative of them. I do have some friends who just don't understand why I would want them. My family - particularly my parents- were a little less accepting of them. But they're from a different generation. This generation is way more expressive. I do get negativity all the time from them, from people saying "how could you do that to your body?", especially at work. And I dont even work in an office or a conservative environment, but people always have their opinions. I have a significant other- TJ- and yes he has tattoos. But not as many as I do :)



5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

JUST DO IT, dont think too hard about it, it will drive you crazy if you do. And listen to the artist, sometimes they know best, like what would look good and where. Let them have some of the creative control and you'll get a better tattoo.