Tattoo Tuesday V.92

  
Name and blog name: Hannah.... and badbaby.tumblr.com I suppose!

Age: 20

Occupation:
art student by day and restaurant worker by night

Age of first tattoo:
"real" tattoo, 18.....but I have a few stick 'n pokes so 17.

Favorite tattoo:
I can't choose! Usually my newest tattoo is my favorite...so my elk. And my thigh piece. Oh, and my inner arm...

Featured tattoo/location:
lady on my upper arm

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Jason Kundell of Artwork Rebels, but it was done at Landmark Tattoo in Denver, Colorado.


1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art? 

My cousin Jason has been coming to Denver once a year for the past few years so usually I just think up something for him to do on me- he did my thigh tattoo as well. I told him that I wanted a lady with roses and a compass, and he said he wanted to put a hat on her, and i said okay. Now people will stop me on the street to ask if it's Amelia Earhart. I've been asked probably approximately one million times if my tattoo is Amelia Earhart, so i've just started saying yes because if I saw my tattoo, I'd probably assume it was her as well. but to me my tattoo is a good luck charm for traveling. I want to see the world and this lady on my arm's gonna come with me!

2) Do you have any other tattoos?  If so, what do you have and where?


Okay... stick and poked leaves on my foot, stick and poked heart and arrow around a birthmark on my butt, story book characters from the magical monarch of mo on my wrists, a key on my ring finger, a cicada with a blue rose on my inner arm, a girl with goggles and a compass on my upper arm, an elk with a banner that says rail city on my arm, a skull with an ostrich feather and a heart on my thigh, a fox with a pocket watch on my inner calf, a girl with a crow hat and a orchid on my outer calf...phew!



 
 

3) Do you plan on getting more?

Yes! at the rate I'm going I assume I'm going to be pretty heavily tattooed in the near future.

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?  Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos?

A lot of my friends have tattoos and my boyfriend has a couple tattoos. My dad is kind of indifferent and my mom hates tattoos. Although my mom seems like she is slowly warming up to them- she likes to look at them a lot, and my dad is 61 and is actually considering getting his first tattoo! My cousin is a successful tattooer and I've idolized him since I was a tot, so my mom kind of knew what was coming. I get really kind comments on my tattoos, I've had old women stop me to look at them! My ears are stretched too, and I've gotten far worse comments on them than my tattoos. And of course the ol' "what are you going to do when you're old?" ...what do you mean what am i going to do?




5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

Do it! Getting tattooed has brought me so much happiness and made me feel more comfortable and confidant- know that because of your tattoos, finding a job may be more difficult, and accept that. Tattoos will catch on someday. Do your homework and find an artist that you LOVE. And if you can, let your artist do most of the work! I find that when I give my artist a vague idea and let him do
what he wants that it turns out AMAZING! Also- not all tattoos HAVE to have a long meaning behind them, sometimes I get tattooed because I think it's aesthetically pleasing, and that's not a bad thing.