Old friends & Spotify

terrafroyo

Sometimes all you need is a night with one of your oldest and dearest friends, reminiscing about college and talking about how fast life goes by and how beautiful it all is. So thankful for this girl and so thankful for friends like her. Terra was my "little sis" in our Pi Phi days and we have the most special bond. You know those friends that have seen you in every stage of your life, seen you at your best (and worst), and love you all the same? That's this girl. Love her, and I love that we got to have a fun night together while she was in town from Denver.

Now I'm in bed, enjoying my (and Hank's) newest obsession...Spotify. I think we're a little behind on this, but seriously, I don't know how I survived without it. Okay, that's dramatic. But it is pretty great. My friends Alana, Nate and Shirley turned us onto it at a party last weekend and described it as being part Pandora, part Napster, part social networking beast. I was sold when they explained that there are no ads or breaks in music, and you can listen to ANYTHING your heart desires with no limit. Granted, the premium account is $10 a month but considering how much I listen to music it's a small price to pay. Today I've been on quite the 90s kick and my main music of choice this evening been TLC. Remember CrazySexyCool? So good. And so junior high. Next up is Aaliyah's "Back and Forth" and Blackstreet's "No Diggity." And I might even round it out with a little "My Boo" by Ghostown DJs ;)

With that said, I have a couple of questions for you. One, have you tried Spotify yet? What do you think? And two, do you have any must-listen-to bands you'd like to recommend to me? I love all sorts of music from rap to country, classical to metal.

Happy four days before Christmas!