Weekend links

4-up on 2011-11-29 at 13.04 #4

This week has been...painful. Henry decided to wean himself a couple of days ago and although I'm doing better now, I was pretty much dying for a day or two. I'll save the rest of that for a post on the topic sometime soon that I'm sure only a handful will want to read about...but guess what, handful? It'll be all for you!

I'm looking forward to this weekend though- we have a bunch of fun holiday-type things planned, including our town's big tree lighting. It's such a cute event full of festivities and I can't wait to take Henry!

Here are some links to get your weekend started:


First of all, the first issue of Gadchick, the fabulous creation of my friend Diana, is out today! I contributed to this issue, so take a peek- I think you'll love it! I already can't wait for the next one. 

Yesterday I shared our newest photo session with our friend Christina, and some of you may also remember the giveaway she did last spring where do offered up a photo session! The winner, Hayley had her session a couple of weeks ago, and you can check out the photos here and here. I also happen to really, really enjoy Hayley's blog so be sure to stop by and say hello!

I love my friend Adie, and I love whenever she blogs. I bet you'll love her too!

How great is this green bow? It would be so darling clipped onto a white blouse.

Here's one of my most favorite bloggers, Valentine, and a retrospective post I've had bookmarked since last year.  Gorgeous outfits and photos.

How great is Rachel's wreath DIY?

This gingerbread house is too pretty. Recipe included!

I really enjoy finding new vintage Etsy shops to check out, and Desert Gypsy has some fun items. Some of my favorites: one and two.

I love this idea for the 12 Dates Christmas! We may have to take Naomi's lead. 

And sticking with the number theme, I was happy to stumble upon this post about 10 Christmas gift in a jar.

Best Friends. How great is this cute little set?

Hello, December! What are some of your goals?

Speaking of December, take a look at the second half of Jess' holiday family photos. That cutie Rowan kills me!

Some of you asked about my scarf from this post. It's from H&M, but you can find a similar one here.

Wrapping paper snowflakes. Such a cute twist on a classic.

How awesome would this money clip be engraved for your Dad or Grandpa's Christmas gift?

Okay, this kind of does make me want to punch holes through a wall. I don't like Kristen Stewart as an actress one bit and think this fabulous lady would have been such a better choice!

The Art of Doing Nothing. I think we can all work on this!

To all my warm-weather friends, check out this list of the snowiest cities in the US!

A new(ish) blog to check out! She's a sweetie, so go say hello.

Have you guys ever tried making a cinemagraph? I really want to try it, especially when I see how neat Justine's are.

The best books of 2011 via Barnes and Noble.

Doesn't Liz's blog look so pretty? Loving the re-design.

Some items from my wishlist...one, two, and three.

And finally, a couple blogs I'm loving right now! Here and here. The second blog hasn't been updated in so long, but I thought maaaaybe if she saw this she would! ;) It's one of my most favorites and I miss Rachel's posts!

Happy weekend!