5 Things I'm Loving Today

1. Glee. Okay so first of all, I have to admit that I used to think Glee was the most ridiculous thing ever, but a month ago I started watching it and I am absolutely hooked! I'm just about to start Season 3 and it's got to be one of my favorite shows ever. I adore the writing, the witty one-liners, the characters, the songs! I typically watch an episode or two a night after Henry goes to sleep, and it's definitely something I look forward to. I hope the other seasons are just as good!

2. Positive women lifting each other up! Okay cue the cheesy music (sometimes I think I should just have it constantly running on this blog...HA), but really, I love love love seeing girls supporting each other instead of cutting one another down. It makes my day. One of my goals for the new year is to be a kinder person, and this includes surrounding myself with kind people. You really are the company you keep, and I'm so tired of seeing the same girls acting the same way...30-year-olds behaving as if they are in high school. Even if I'm not being a "mean girl," standing alongside these women makes me guilty by association. And I don't want to be that kind of person, or be that kind of example for Henry. No one is perfect; we all have those judge-y thoughts that run through our heads from time to time, but I'm trying to move past that and focus on the good, and only the good.  This doesn't mean living life with blinders on, but it means just keeping it real, and being kind to every person I meet, be it online or off.

3. Goodbye Michele Bachmann!  Oh, happy day.  Now obviously this goes against my number two item but sorry, I can't do it. Not a fan. And I should say that I'm equally unenthusiastic about a number of the other possible candidates for President too, but in my humble opinion, anyone who is so vocal about homosexuality being so terribly wrong would make a horrible leader. You can't run a country thinking that a huge portion of its population has a "sexual identity disorder." I respect everyone's' beliefs, but when it comes to someone being in a position to drastically affect lives, I can't stand behind that. Now, I know this may have half of you disagreeing with me and will probably open me up to comments about it...but that's okay! We're all different and believe in different things for different reasons, but I stand very firm in the belief that all people deserve equal rights, and I proudly support the right for people to marry whomever they choose. I know that Michele suspending her campaign doesn't change the fact that many of the other candidates have similar agendas, but after following her for awhile I've really come to dislike her as a politician, especially after watching a lot of the town hall style forums she held. Knowing that there is a slim to none chance she could be running our country puts me a little more at ease...although then I think about a few of the other candidates and I'm terrified. That's another blog for another day though.

And because this is such a public blog let me add this- comment whatever you would like on the topic, I invite and welcome differing opinions in this space, but know that I will not stand for any hateful remarks. It's a shame that I have to say that but last time I brought up my feelings about this topic I received some comments that I wouldn't have wanted my homosexual friends to see. It was mean. And those kind of comments are not welcome here!

4. Working out in the early morning. You'd think I'd learn by now but whenever the holidays roll around (or a particularly busy time) the first thing I end up doing is staying up far too late to be able to make it to the gym in the morning. So I end up going around 9 or 9:30pm, getting home at 11, and then I'm not able to relax until like 1am. I get no sleep and the cycle continues. I function best going to bed early and waking up early, and this week I'm back on track and loving. On a related note I also really enjoy those quiet moments when I get home from the gym- no one else is awake yet, it's dark outside and the house is just so still and calm. I love it.

5. The idea of turning 30 in May. This deserves a blog post all its own and will definitely get one, but I am just really excited about this birthday. Is that weird? I feel like my 30s are going to be the best decade yet and I'm really just looking forward to seeing what the future holds. This year a ton of my friends are leaving the good ole 20s so it has been on my mind a lot. I don't want a big extravagant to-do, but I would love to spend a fun evening with the people I love, toasting to my 20s and this next adventure too. Can't wait.

So those are the 5 things I'm thinking about and loving today! How about you?

xo