San Francisco

What a weekend! I'm trying to totally ignore the fact that the last half-day of our trip and traveling home was filled with the worst food poisoning in the world and just focus on all of the good parts. Because there were a ton! I feel really grateful that we were able to spend some time on a mini-vacation and as always, Hank and I had the best time together. We missed Henry likes crazy but it was good to have some "us" time, and sometimes shaking up your scenery is just what you need to make home feel even better than it does. And as much as I enjoy time away, there is nothing like coming back to our little town. I could never, ever live in a big city. I'm more than happy to visit, but give me my 35 mph roads and restaurants where the servers know what we order.  I'm a small-town girl all the way.

But like I said above, our big-city visit was fantastic. Our dear friend Alex hosted us and showed us around his city, and pulled out all the stops. We ate wonderful food (minus the food-poisoned vegan tacos at Gracias Madre- yuck!) and I stuck to my no-sugar plan. Hank got fulfill one of his childhood dreams and spent some time with "the man" George Lucas and nerd out at Lucasfilm. We facetimed with Alex's adorable girlfriend, met his lovely friends, tasted some of the most delicious Gouda of my life, and strolled through the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. We attended the Super7 art show on Saturday evening, and I got to do a few things I've always wanted to do while in SF, including visiting the Full House hill and taking photos in front of the Golden Gate bridge. And if you were ever curious about the type of girl I really am, just know that yes, I did YouTube the Full House intro so we could listen to it during our picnic.

It's weekends like these that I am incredibly grateful to be married to my best friend. Hank is without a doubt my most favorite travel partner, co-adventurer, and person to share new experiences with. He also put up with my wretchedly-sick self all the way home on our return flight. So as Andy Cohen would say, "Mazel, Hank!"

Here are some photos from our trip- and thank you again Alex for making our visit so enjoyable. We love you!

San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
Picnik collage1
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
Picnik collage5
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
Picnik collage3
San Francisco, January 2012
Picnik collage2
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012