Emily in town & weekend links


on a walk Thursday night

We have been spending so much time outside this week and I'm loving it. We are lucky enough to live in a community with an abundance of hiking, biking, and walking trails, so Hank, Henry, Madeline and I try to take full advantage of that whenever the weather permits. Right now we're having an unseasonable warm spell which is nice, but I know it won't last for long. We always seem to get snow in February and March, but I don't mind because it makes April's sunshine that much sweeter.

Yesterday was a great day.  One of my dearest friends was in town from NYC and we got to spend the morning together at my house, and then had lunch with her family at Hugo's. Emily and I have been friends for close to a decade now, and I love her with every bit of my heart. We've been through so much together, and every time I see her I end up crying when we leave because it's never enough time.  Today was wonderful though and we spent much of it catching up on our lives and all the crazy wonderful things that have happened since we last saw each other.

I hope all of you had a great week. Here are some links to explore when you get a moment! xoxo

----------

20 Resolutions for 20-somethings. I love this. Thanks Traci!

This song is perfection to me. Thank you so much to one of my favorite bloggers Dena for sharing it.

Turn your Instagram photos into a photo strip! Check out the tutorial.

I absolutely loved this article about "unmet expectations" over on Tiny Buddha. I found it really helpful actually- definitely a must-read.

I enjoyed reading about Katie's goals for 2012. She's such a gem.


50 rules for Dads of Daughters. We don't have a daughter, but being a daughter myself this definitely made me tear up.

Head over to Carly's blog to participate in her fun new project. And while you're at it, stay awhile. I'm sure you'll love her site as much as I do!

“Yes, honey, I was there, too. I was just the one taking the pictures.” If this sounds like something you can relate to, then check out these 13 Tips for Family-Self Portraits.

Is it okay to be in love with a pinboard? Because I am.

My friend Amy recently blogged a recipe for chicken kale bean soup! Sounds great.

Great post on Jen's blog about simplification.

The talented Abi has added some wonderful new items to her shop. I have my eye on that skirt, in black.

This lullaby brought me to tears. Talk about beautiful.  Thanks Angela for sharing this!

In the mood for some great new music? Buy an album and help out the band over on Natalie's blog.

I adore Jessica's cute videos...and I always find a new product to try.

Hop over to Kristin's blog to see some amazing photos from India. The Taj Mahal looks absolutely fake!

Happy weekend! xo